The Senior Accountant is an integral part of the finance team. This individual is responsible for all aspects of transactional accounting, maintaining the integrity of the general ledger and preparing monthly and interim financial statements, in accordance with established policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This role reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Perform full accounting cycle for the month-end close including general ledger maintenance for preparation of financial and other statements.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, and AP entries by compiling and analyzing account information, ensuring input accuracy and proper allocations.
- Ensure the integrity of the accounting information; maintain subsidiary account balances by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Act as the lead contact for all internal and external audits as needed for the accounting team. This will include preparing various schedules on an ad hoc basis as requested by the audit team.
- Drive projects, provide accounting guidance, and often serve as the first point of contact for finance and business partners to resolve issues with AP and occasionally with AR.
- Interpret and support detailed monthly expenses variance against prior year, budget, and forecasts:
- Analyze all expenses for accuracy and proper classification and completeness:
- Responsible for analyzing transactions and documenting expense accruals using additional business information to ensure accuracy and completeness of expense capture.
- Review and adjust accordingly to ensure proper expense allocation.
- Perform reconciliation for all balance sheet accounts review for input accuracy.
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts and update weekly cash flow analysis.
- Maintain financial documentation according to policies and procedures.
- Assist in the year-end close and prepare annual financial statements.
- Support and assist with regards to budgets and forecasts for accounting related items.
- Assist and support in external audits, provide analytical schedules as well as preparing audit working papers as assigned.
- Support Accounts Receivable functions and perform other accounting tasks, as needed.
- Take initiative and participate in ad hoc accounting projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from accredited University or College
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience required, experience in digital marketing industry a plus
- Audit experience at Public Accounting or Big 4 or a large regional firm preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, financial and accounting metrics, and principles required
- Experience with month-end close, preparing financial statements and analyzing and communicating financial information is required
- Experience with 3rd party platforms (i.e., Expensify, Bill.com, Concur) reconciliations required
- Solid, hands on experience with large ERP systems, NetSuite preferred.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online a plus but not required.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, pivot reporting, VLOOKUP, advanced charting, advanced formulas) is required
WHO ARE WE?
Founded in 2014 with no external investment, Launch Potato has grown into a leading connector of advertisers to qualified customers. 2x Fortune Best Place to Work,2x Inc. Best Place to Work & 3x Inc. Fastest Growing Company as well as 4x Florida Trend Best Place to Work, needless to say, we take care of our people and work hard!
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, we connect advertisers to customers at all parts of the consumer journey, from awareness to consideration to purchase. Launch Potato’s brands and technologies help customers discover new products and services that make their lives better!
Launch Potato is bootstrapped and profitable with unlimited-growth opportunities for high performers, an amazing remote team, and a portfolio of quickly growing businesses. We're a kickass team of innovators passionate about our work and building teams that solve complex problems using smart marketing, excellent engineering, data science, and fun! Check out the perks here!
From Day One, we've been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!